Living Without Plastic
By Bridgette Allen, Christine Wong
“An eye-opening guide on how to lessen one’s dependence on plastics. . . . This is a clarion, convincing wake-up call to the scope of the global plastic problem and what readers can do about it. —Publishers Weekly
Embrace a plastic-free lifestyle with more than 100 simple, stylish swaps for everything from pens and toothbrushes to disposable bottles and the 5 trillion plastic bags we use—and throw out—every year.
- Use a natural loofah, not a synthetic sponge
- Buy milk in glass bottles or make homemade nut milk
- Opt for a waste-free shampoo bar
- Skip the printed receipt and opt for an email instead
- Wrap gifts beautifully with cloth
Organized into five sections—At Home, Food & Drink, Health & Beauty, On the Go, and Special Occasions—Living Without Plastic is a cover-to-cover collection of doable, differencemaking solutions, including a 30-Day Plastic Detox Program.